Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ciate Jewel

I admit it. Ever since Adele (LOVE HER!) wore Ciate Jewel on her nails at The Grammy's, I've been obsessed.



From the pictures I could see online, it looked like the queen of all holographic glitter and bar glitter, to boot. I had to have it. While looking around for a US source, I discovered that Sephora will be selling Ciate sometime in the near future. April? May? September?! I couldn't wait, so I went directly to the website online and ordered straight from Ciate in the UK. Shipping took several weeks but when it arrived?! I did a happy dance and rushed home to put it on!

I'm used to having to apply a base coat color under any glitter polish that I wear, so I did the same for Jewel. I discovered after, that it was completely unnecessary. In the future, I will wear Jewel all by her glorious self. The base color I applied was Ciate Sugar Plum.



Sugar Plum is a light lavender creme. A very pretty soft spring color that I instantly fell in love with. The first coat had me worried that I would need 3 coats but it surprised me and was fully opaque in 2 coats.

Next up, my crown Jewel! Eye catching holographic bar glitter in a purple jelly base.








I have to say, I looked at my nails a LOT while I wore this mani. I look forward to Sephora picking up this brand as there are so many colors I love in this line. For those of you who know me well, know I died a little inside when I saw the cutest nail polish bottle on the planet. The only thing that made it even better, was the easy to hold curved bottle and the fabulous brush that made application a dream.


I will be keeping an eagle eye on Sephora, watching for Ciate to finally be readily available on this side of the pond. I promise to shout it from the rooftops when that day arrives! =)



1 comment: