Tuesday, March 13, 2012

St Patrick Sponge Polish

I've been thinking about trying a sponge polish for the first time and figured St Patrick's Day was the perfect time, so I started thinking about which polishes and shades to use. I knew I wanted to use Lynnderella's Funny Money on the tip and China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada at the cuticle but wasn't sure about in between. I decided on a deep green shimmer with Wet and Wild SaGreena the Teenage Witch.

First I applied 2 coats of China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada. Second, I sponged on WnW Sagreena the Teenage Witch. Next, I mixed in some OPI black to darken the WnW green and sponged on the tips. After I let that dry, I sponged on Lynnderella's Funny Money on the tip. I topped it off with a good coat of Glitter Tamer, followed by Barielle's Manicure Extender.

The results...














Very soon, I will be posting a step by step tutorial on how to do sponge nail art. It's so much fun and so very easy! I hope you have enjoyed my St. Patrick's Day nails as much as I have! =)

2 comments: